What We Do
Dublin Community Growers exists to connect community gardens and associated groups in Dublin, Ireland.
We support and organise events that promote social inclusion, environmental responsibility, and community gardens as valued amenities. We meet monthly to share our experiences, discuss issues, and help one another with what we’ve learned.
Explore our map and find community gardens near to you. Check out events throughout the year and sign up for our newsletter if you wish. Our resources section offers information and advice about the process of setting up a new community garden project. Get in touch if you have more questions or want to join up with us.
What is a Community Garden?
Very Simply, it is:
Any piece of land gardened by a group of people.
A broad definition of what a community garden entails. It can be urban, suburban, or rural. It can grow flowers, vegetables or community. It can be one community plot or can be many individual plots. It can be at a school, hospital, or in a neighborhood. It can also be a series of plots dedicated to “urban agriculture” where the produce is grown for a market.
Benefits of Community Gardening
- Beautifies neighbourhoods
- Builds community spirit
- Conserves resources
- Creates opportunities for recreation, exercise, therapy, and education
- Develops self-reliance
- Encourages sustainable communities
- Improves quality of life for people & wildlife
- Increases biodiversity
- Preserves green spaces
- Produces nutritious food
- Provides a catalyst for neighbourhood & community development
- Provides opportunities for intergenerational & cross-cultural connections
- Promotes economic wellbeing
- Reduces crime
- Reduces family food budgets
- Stimulates social interaction
Dublin Community Growers
Looking for something else?