Greenview Community Garden was developed through the collaboration of Dublin Northwest Partnership, Dublin City Council, Crosscare and the local community. The Garden was officially opened by the President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins in April 2015.
The garden has:
- 54 allotments which are rented annually by local residents and community groups
- a BBQ
- a large patio area that is used by our allotment holders and community groups to host social gatherings
- 3 poly-tunnels which provide a protected environment in which we can grow crops that would otherwise struggle outdoors at certain times of the year
- purpose built composting bays to ensure that we can compost all our fruit and vegetable waste
To increase bio-diversity, we have a pollinator friendly garden, bird boxes, bug hotels and log piles, and a wild- growing area.
Horticulture workshops are held regularly in the garden. They offer practical and useful advice to all those who use the garden. They include:
- Planning your allotment
- Rotation of crops and protecting crops from pests
- Pruning trees and shrubs
- How to encourage biodiversity in your garden
- Healthy Food Made Easy cooking programme
For further information about Greenview Community Garden or availing of an allotment please contact Billy Creevy [email protected]